Argentine superstar Lionel Messi has claimed that he is extremely disappointed to see his team lose in the final of the World Cup 2014. A solitary goal from Bayern Munich star Mario Gotze was enough to seal a 1-0 victory for Germany. The Europeans had been waiting for this World Cup title since 1990, but the wait had been slightly longer for Argentina after having won it in 1986. Much was expected from the team due to the comparisons between Messi and former Argentina great Maradona. Despite having won every major title with Barcelona, Messi still is looking for his first major title with Argentina.
Maradona, however, led Argentina to World Cup success almost entirely on his own. Messi finished as the best player in the World Cup and received an individual accolade. However, the 27-year-old later stated that this individual accolade meant nothing to him since he wanted to win the World Cup more than anything. Messi and Argentina created few opportunities over the course of the 120 minutes. Germany have been the most decisive team in the tournament, as they have played wonderful attacking football.
The next World Cup in Russia will see Messi enter into the latter stages of his career. The Barcelona superstar will be hoping to put behind this disappointment as soon as possible.
“We deserved a bit more after the match we played. It’s very painful to lose in the manner that we did because we were so close to penalties. I think that in this World Cup we deserved a different [outcome] because we had the chances. In these moments the prize doesn’t interest me at all. We wanted to take home the trophy and enjoy it with all the people in Argentina. We got to the final and it’s a long time since Argentina got past the semi-finals,” said Messi.
AC Milan midfielder Kaka has dropped a bombshell by suggesting that he could leave the club – just after 12 months of joining in the summer – at the end of the season. Kaka returned to the club where he is regarded as an idol on a free transfer from Real Madrid. However, the Brazilian has been unable to impact the club in the same way as he did in his first spell. Physically, he has been struggling to impose himself in the Italian league. The 31-year-old has suffered several knee injuries in the last few years and this seems to have taken the edge out of his game.
After yet another disappointing season for Milan in which they are looking like missing out on Champions League, Kaka has been linked with an exit from the club. The player himself has admitted that the prospect of playing in the MLS is something that interests him a lot. Several clubs like LA Galaxy have been linked with a move for his services. Even David Beckham’s upcoming franchise has been linked with a potential destination for the midfielder. This is because of the good relationship he has with Beckham.
Kaka revealed that he will be holding end of the season talks with vice president Adriano Galliani.
“At the end of the season I will speak to (chief executive Adriano) Galliani to understand what his ideas and those of the club are. I would like to play in the United States and if I was to leave the club I would go to America. I don’t think Seedorf expected to find himself in such a difficult situation. It is part of life to experience strange periods and every team has had a crisis at some stage. This is Milan’s time to have one,” said Kaka.
Brazil has a friendly match planned against South Africa on March 5, which is scheduled to be a friendly encounter that will act as a preparation for the upcoming World Cup and the coach Luiz Felipe Scolari announced the players that will be travelling with him to the friendly match but there was no place for Ac.Milan’s Kaka.
There were some rather surprising additions including Rafinha from Bayern Munich and Fernandinho from Manchester City.
Ricardo Kaka made his return to Ac.Milan in 2013 and started showing flashes of brilliance, short displays of the player he used to be when he won the Ballon d’Or back in 2007. His revival has been slowing down as Ac.Milan seems to be relying on the Brazilian player just too much and at his 31 years of age, it might be just too much for the former Real Madrid performer to handle.
Ac.Milan continues on dropping points and making mediocre performances in Serie A as they are on the middle section of the Italian league standings. According to Seedorf, the players just need more time to adapt to his playing style.
Kaka stated that Ac.Milan is focusing mostly on the Champions League with their encounter against Atletico Madrid just around the block.
We have a 50 per cent chance of progressing against Atlético Madrid, we start from here’’.
“This team has a different motivation when there are big games, and we hope to move forward. Let’s start from 0-0, we know where we need to improve, whilst Atlético Madrid are doing very well. I have seen how Simeone works, but we should find motivation to keep going in the Champions League this season.” Kaka stated.
The once considered to be best player in the world, Ricardo Kaka was in the headlines of soccer related magazines, newspaper and websites from all around the globe as he made a €65 million move from Ac.Milan to Real Madrid back in 2009.
His time in Real Madrid however was cursed with injuries that plagued him until arriving to the point where the coach of that time Jose Mourinho appeared to simply have lost his faith in the Brazilian player.
Kaka did however make flashes of brilliance on the moments that he was fit and allowed to make a few appearances mostly coming from the bench than anything else. It was not enough for him to secure a permanent place in Mourinho’s lineup.
The Brazilian that was awarded with the Ballon d’Or back in 2007 was wasting his time and talent sitting on the sidelines of a team that tried to form a devastating attack force with C.Ronaldo and Kaka in the middle of it all but it just never worked out.
A breaking point was reached when Kaka agreed to make his return to the club that saw him blossom into one of the best players in the world. Despite not being the same player as years before, he has certainly changed Ac.Milan in ways no other player in recent times has managed to do.
Providing the assist for Robinho during Ac.Milan’s only goal against Barcelona, the super-star was beginning to have his presence felt and starting to get hold of things in Serie A. Things continued going well for Kaka as he scored the only goal of his club when facing off against Lazio.
Many people believed that Ricardo Kaka was done for as Real Madrid and Jose Mourinho destroyed him but the player that made a full recovery from a career-threatening and possibly paralysis-inducing spinal fracture is the best thing Ac.Milan has to offer and with a few more good seasons ahead of him, there is still much more Kaka wants to do.
Brazil’s national team manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has said that he is extremely happy that older Brazilian players like Kaka and Maicon have returned to the Italian Serie A in the summer. Maicon and Kaka have been regarded as some of the key players for Brazil over the last five years, but they have been struggling for form and fitness in recent times. Their participation at the World Cup 2014 has been a major doubt due to the situation.
However, Kaka returned to his former stamping ground AC Milan in the summer, while Maicon returned to the Italian Serie A – where he enjoyed the best spell of his career – with Roma. Scolari, who has a major selection headache ahead of him, says that it is great news that both these players have returned to the place where they played some of the best football. Kaka won the world player of the year award 2007 while playing for Milan. He is unlikely to repeat the feat, but there is a possibility that he may recover form to be part of the squad.
Scolari needs the presence of players like Maicon and Kaka due to the experience that they provide. The current crop of Brazilians is vastly inexperienced at international level since they are very young.
“I’m happy with Kaka’s choice. He is now at a club who can offer him the chance to return to 100 per cent. It is the right situation for him. I am watching all of the Milan games because there is the possibility that I will call him up in the future. He can get back to his best,” said Scolari about Kaka. “As for Maicon, he had a few injury problems at Manchester City to begin with and then he didn’t have the chance to play regularly,” said the manager about Maicon.
Brazilian star Kaka has said that he wants to play more matches for the Real Madrid in the coming season, as he targets a place in the World Cup squad. Brazil will be taking part in the 2014 FIFA World Cup as the hosts. Manager Luiz Felipe Scolari is expected to name a young team with the likes of Ronaldinho and Kaka extremely doubtful due to their poor form and fitness in recent years. Kaka has played very little football since arriving at Real Madrid in a £ 62 million deal in 2009. He has been one of the massive disappointments for the club.
However, the departure of José Mourinho and the arrival of Carlo Ancelotti is expected to boost his first-team chances this season. Carlo Ancelotti was the manager of Milan when Kaka became the best player in the world. The 31-year-old won the FIFA Ballon d’Or award in 2007 when Milan were under the stewardship of Ancelotti. Kaka has expressed his happiness at being reunited with his former manager. He has also expressed his desire to play a lot of matches for Real Madrid. It is going to be difficult due to the presence of players like Mesut Ozil, while Gareth Bale is also expected to come.
“My challenge for this season is to play with more continuity. I want to be physically fit, and then if I do well for my club I can get back in the national team. I want to play in the World Cup next summer. Carlo is an open coach who is helping me a lot. Personally, it’s great to train with him,” said Kaka.
He made only 12 appearances for the club last season. He was heavily linked with a move away from the Spanish capital in order to get regular first-team football, but he now appears to stay at Real Madrid.
Real Madrid attacker Kaka has said that he is extremely unhappy with the defence after they conceded three goals at home to Real Valladolid during the weekend. Madrid have no hope of winning the league title and they are only playing to finish above Atletico Madrid in the table. They were in danger of suffering a shock defeat at home to Valladolid, but they managed to produce a good comeback in the second half to secure a 4-3 win. Kaka was on the scoresheet in a match and he was delighted with the three points from their home match.
However, he was not happy with the way the team conceded three goals and he has blamed the entire defence for being lackadaisical in their approach. Cristiano Ronaldo was also on the scoresheet as well, as he managed to secure his 199 goal for the club. He scored a brace, while Angel di Maria was the other scorer for Real Madrid in the match. Barcelona will be able to secure the league title during the weekend if Real Madrid fail to beat Malaga. They need only two more points to secure the fourth league title in five years.
Kaka has said that the weekend’s match against Malaga is going to be extremely tough, but he is confident three points.
“It was a tough game after a knock-out game. We thought it was possible to make it to the final, we couldn’t, and playing three days later isn’t easy, but we once again showed our ability to make a comeback against a great Valladolid. We conceded three goals at home, that’s not normal and we don’t like it, the entire defence is to blame, but these are things to improve on. The team woke up after the first goal,” said Kaka after the match.
After losing a number of high profile players in the summer and after losing Alexandre Pato a few weeks ago, AC Milan are finally on course to bring in a few high profile players before the end of the January transfer window as they have been linked with both Mario Balotelli and their former star Kaka. The 30-year-old Brazilian international moved to Real Madrid in a then-world record deal of £ 62 million. However, he has struggled for form and fitness during his time at the Santiago Bernabeu. Now, the Brazil international is keen to bring his Spanish career to an end by returning to AC Milan.
The AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani revealed that it would be financially impossible to bring Kaka to the San Siro unless the player decides to take a wage cut. They have been holding talks with the Spanish club over the last couple of weeks, while they have also been positions with the Premier league champions Manchester City over the sale of Mario Balotelli. The 22-year-old has caused a lot of problems at the club, and he is keen to return to Italy. They are similar striker Stephan El Shaarawy has said that it would be a dream come true to play alongside either Balotelli or Kaka.
“It would be a dream to play with Kaka. I would welcome him with open arms, and maybe it can happen, but even with Mario I would feel good,” said the youngster, who has been a breath of fresh air for AC Milan. Due to the lack of high profile players, AC Milan have struggled in the league this season. They are closer to the bottom half of the table than to the top three positions, which will give them Champions league football in the subsequent season.
The LA Galaxy striker Robbie Keane has said that he would welcome the possibility of the club signing the Brazilian midfielder Kaka in the January transfer window. LA Galaxy have recently lost the services of a star name in the form of David Beckham after the former England international decided not to renew his contract with the MLS club due to his search for a new challenge. As a result, it is thought that the club will be interested in the possibility of signing a star name in order to fill the quota. The Brazilian midfielder Kaka has been linked with many clubs across the world.
Now, LA Galaxy have also joined in the list of clubs interested in securing his services. The former AC Milan midfielder has endured a difficult time at the Santiago Bernabeu due to a succession of poor form and injuries. As a result, it is thought that the Spanish club will be interested in the possibility of letting the player leaves in order to compensate his huge wages. Kaka is currently earning around £ 12 million per season, which is a huge weight on the club. The manager José Mourinho is of the opinion that he can bring an another player for this wage bill.
“If we want to – as a team and an organisation – to push on and be the best that we can, to attract players like Kaka would be brilliant. Someone like Kaka was only voted one of the best players in the world a few years ago. We welcome anyone with his stature and his ability to the Galaxy, but ultimately it’s down to the boss,” said the former Aston Villa and Tottenham striker Robbie Keane. LA Galaxy recently managed to win the second MLS title of the David Beckham era.
The Real Madrid playmaker Kaka has said that he never considered the possibility of leaving Real Madrid in the summer, despite not getting regular game time over the last few seasons. The 31-year-old Brazilian midfielder has not only lost his place in the Spanish club, but also at the international level. However, he recently made a successful comeback to the international team after more than two years of not playing for the Brazilian team. This follows the impressive form he has shown for Real Madrid over the last few weeks. The 31-year-old has suffered a number of injury problems since his £ 64 million move from AC Milan in 2009.
He has certainly not recovered well from these injuries, what he has learned to play with them. As a result, this has had a positive effect on his game over the last couple of weeks. Even though he is getting enough game time at Real Madrid, there have been suggestions that he may still want to leave the club in the January transfer window. Kaká, though, has rejected such speculation by saying that he wants to remain with the Spanish club at least for the foreseeable future. He has said that he still has three years left on his current contract.
“Even when there was lots of talk in the summer I did not think about leaving because I was sure I could bring a lot to Real Madrid. I still have three years left on this contract and I think I can contribute. I want to continue at Real Madrid, earn a place in the team and win titles. I think those games I had with the Selecao were very good for me. They made it clear that I am in good shape, playing well and it was important for me personally,” said Kaka.